Paperback | 64 pages | 6 x 9 inches | 9781944020705 | October 18, 2022
Lexile 740L | Fountas & Pinnell R
Over 60 full-color photographs/character images
Learn Fun Facts & Explore Awesome Nocturnal Animal Features with The Nocturnals!
Great Nonfiction Early Reader for Kids Ages 6–8 with Full-Color Photos.
"A worthy addition to school and public libraries" –School Library Journal
Connect kids to the science in The Nocturnals Grow & Read fiction series! Discover nocturnal animal features and fun facts. Explore awesome athletic abilities, sensational senses, powerful protections, and more! The book includes over 60 full-color photographs of animals.
Using fun facts and a narrative story from the adventurous Nocturnals characters—Dawn the fox, Tobin the pangolin, and Bismark the sugar glider—this companion book introduces readers to the nighttime animals and their habitats that inspired The Nocturnals early reader series.
Inside You'll Find:
- Awesome animals: sugar gliders, kinkajous, foxes, bats, snakes, possums, wombats, chinchillas, and pangolins
- Animal Glossary with full-color photos
- Word Glossary to build STEM vocabulary
- At-Home Science Resources
Use Our Educator Guide in your School, Classroom, or Library!
- Nonfiction Interactive Read-Aloud Guide available on our website
- Aligned to Next Generation Science Science and Common Core Language Arts standards
- Can be used as a narrative read or browseable reference material
Fountas & Pinnell: R
Award Winner! Children’s Book Council Teacher Favorites 2023
What People Are Saying
"An introduction that includes Bismark the sugar glider, Dawn the red fox, and Tobin the pangolin helps to set the stage for anyone looking to learn more about these fascinating creatures...VERDICT: A worthy addition to school and public libraries."
—School Library Journal
"Exceptionally informative and fun, [the book] is especially recommended for family, elementary school, and community library Pets/Wildlife collections for children ages 6-8. "
—Midwest Book Review